603 items found, showing page 1 of 51
Great Western Railway scooped two trophies at the rail industry’s prestigious Golden Spanner Awards – including Gold for its Castle Class HST fleet.
Great Western Railway’s Ruth Busby has been named HR Director of the Year at the Personnel Today Awards 2021.
Train services between Somerset and Dorset will be affected by rail improvements planned to take place during November and December.
- First passenger train on the first Restoring Your Railway reopening runs on Wednesday, 17 November, ahead of public services resuming on Saturday, 20 November
- Restored in just 9 months, and delivered £10m under budget, transforming a mothballed former freight railway to regular services.
- Reopening is the first of the Government’s Restoring Your Railway schemes to return to service, fulfilling a manifesto commitment.
GWR again links up with The Veterans Charity for Remembrance Day
Teenager Tom Watts is the winner of a Great Western Railway competition to design a logo marking the launch of the Dartmoor Line next week.
The Mayor of Cheltenham has cut the ribbon on an exhibition of local photography which is being displayed in the waiting room of Cheltenham Spa station.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson joined GWR Managing Director Mark Hopwood at Paddington Station this morning to unveil a special train livery outlining the environmental benefits of travelling by train.
Government restores the Dartmoor Line as services resume for first time in half a century from 20 November
- The Dartmoor Line between Okehampton and Exeter will officially reopen for year-round services on 20 November, ahead of schedule
- It is the first former line to open under the Government’s Restoring Your Railway manifesto commitment
- Tickets will go on sale today (12 October) for trains running every 2 hours, increasing to hourly from May 2022
- Passengers travelling between Crediton and Exeter will also benefit from an increase in service frequency.
A new multistorey car park at Newbury Station and the second of new two cycling hubs have now been opened, as the multi-million pound redevelopment of the station continues apace.
Some train services via Bristol Parkway will be affected by essential track maintenance planned to take place over weekends in October.
GWR hosts a special audience with civil rights activist Dr Paul Stephenson on board his very own train
Great Western Railway celebrates Black History Month