683 items found, showing page 2 of 57
Local train operator Great Western Railway is set to launch a new pay-as-you-go smartcard to roll payments and tickets into one, ensuring customers get the best value on the day of travel.
Industrial action by the RMT, Aslef and the TSSA unions will severely affect trains across the GWR network this weekend and next week, with services unable to operate across many routes.
Trains between Swindon and Gloucester will be affected by rail improvement work planned for later this month.
Our magnificent Lionesses have been given pride of place for their Euro 2022 heroics – on the side of a Great Western Railway train.
Planned industrial action by train drivers on Saturday will severely affect GWR rail services this weekend, with no trains running on many popular routes.
Journey planners for Wednesday’s and Thursday’s reduced temporary train timetable have now been updated, with planned industrial action by the RMT, Aslef and the TSSA unions severely affecting rail services.
Planned industrial action by the RMT, Aslef and the TSSA unions means GWR expects rail services to be severely affected on Wednesday 27 and Saturday 30 July, and a significantly reduced temporary timetable will be in place.
The Met Office has issued a red weather warning for parts of the country on Monday and Tuesday, with temperatures forecast to reach as high as 40°C in some areas, including London.
Journeys will take longer and some services will be cancelled, GWR warns customers
- Brits are creatures of habit when holidaying in the UK, with over 9 in 10 (91%) preferring to revisit the same places again and again, new research reveals
- Wanting to avoid bad surprises (30%) and comfort and familiarity (57%) named as some of the top reasons for sticking to the same destinations
- Almost half more likely to holiday in UK because of the cost-of-living crisis
- A patriotic 28% of Brits would prefer to travel within the UK to support economic recovery post-pandemic, and the environmental impact of flying abroad is an important factor for almost a quarter (23%)
- 1 in 10 ‘do it for the Gram’, choosing holiday destinations based on the available photo opportunities, with this statistic rising to almost 1 in 5 (18%) for under-25s
Great Western Railway has staged the last of its train-naming events celebrating BBC Make a Difference Superstars who went above and beyond to help others during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Train operator GWR is warning customers to be prepared for the hot weather if travelling this weekend, with services expected to be busy and journeys possibly taking longer.