Travel from just £5 as GWR launches its Summer sale
Save as much as 77%
200,000 low cost tickets are now available as train operator Great Western Railway launches its Summer sale.
Hurry now to take advantage of limited low cost £5, £10 or £15 fares to travel within the Great Western network.
Holidaying in the UK this summer? Looking to take the kids for a day out? Or do you feel the need for a sunny weekend away?
Save as much as 77% compared to the cost of an Off Peak Single between Bristol and London Paddington and stations stops in between; or save as much as 74% on trips from Cardiff to London Paddington.
Available to book before 20 July, the discounted Advance Single fares can be used to travel from Thursday 13 July through to Sunday 10 September.
Travel to some of the UK’s top attractions and most picturesque destinations within the GWR network, which serves over 270 stations across 10 counties and South Wales.
Do you want to save money? Travel between London Paddington and:
- Oxford for just £5
- Gloucester/Cheltenham Spa for just £10
- Bristol/Bath for just £10
- Cardiff/Swansea for just £15
First Class Advance Single fares are available from £20 between Oxford and London Paddington; to £39 between South Wales and London Paddington.
GWR is offering 100,000 reduced cost Standard Advance Single fares and 100,000 First Class Advance Single tickets, available to purchase from our website, through our mobile app or from ticket offices.
Purchase your cheap ticket now from www.gwr.com/sale
Terms and conditions
- Promotional fares available online only via GWR.com/sale
- Promotional fares are for Advance Single tickets only
- Available to purchase from 26 June 2017 until 23:59 on 19 July 2017 for travel from 13 July 2017 to 23:59 on 10 September 2017
- Exclusion dates from the sale between Oxford and Paddington are 22 July 2017 to 30 July 2017
- Promotional fares must be bought a minimum of 17 days in advance of travel
- 200,000 seats available as of 26 June 2017 (100,000 First Class and 100,000 Standard Class)
- Promotional fares are subject to quota-controlled availability, and will be valid for the booked GWR service(s) only
- Maximum of 9 persons per booking
- Promotional fares are subject to availability and may not be available at some peak times and are not valid with any other offer
- Advance Single ticket terms and conditions terms and conditions apply, except as varied by these promotional terms and conditions
- Advance Single tickets are non-refundable, except where permitted under the terms of the National Rail Conditions of Travel
- Child concession of 50% applies for customers aged 5-15 inclusive, but no Railcards or any other concessionary scheme applies. Up to two children aged under 5 can travel free with each fare paying passenger (seat reservations for children aged under 5 are not available)
- Customers may not start, break and resume, or end their journey at any intermediate station except to change to/from connecting trains as shown on the ticket(s)
- These tickets will not be valid for travel on other train operators' services, or on dates or times other than as shown on the ticket
- The National Rail Conditions of Travel apply
- GWR's decisions relating to this promotion are final – these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law
- The promoter is First Greater Western Limited, company number 05113733, registered at Milford House, 1 Milford Street, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN1 1HL ("GWR")
Notes to editors
Great Western Railway (GWR) provides high speed, commuter, regional and branch line train services. We help over 100 million passengers reach their destinations every year - across South Wales, the West Country, the Cotswolds, and large parts of Southern England.
We’re currently seeing the biggest investment in the network since Brunel so we can offer more trains, more seats, and shorter, more frequent journeys and continue the network’s heritage of helping connect more businesses to new and prosperous markets. Through a series of initiatives we aim to be a good neighbour to the communities we serve and are committed to making a positive social impact in those regions. Learn how we're Building a Greater West at GWR.com. GWR is a FirstGroup company.
Media Relations Manager
Great Western Railway
0845 410 4444
07703 890 711