Families save up to 50% off rail fares this April
GWR launches Easter savings to help families take the train
Great Western Railway is offering families up to 50% off rail fares this Easter, helping those with children take advantage of the train.
The discount will allow a family of four to save as much as £65* on a journey between Bristol and Reading or £117.50 between Exeter and London.
Valid for travel from Tuesday 4 April through to Friday 21 July, the offer will allow those with a Family & Friends Railcard to save up to 50% off adult Advance Single fares when purchased online, in addition to the up to 81% child discount provided, for travel anywhere on the GWR network.
|London to||Savings for 2 Adults|
|Reading to||Savings for 2 Adults |
A Family & Friends Railcard enables discounts for up to four adults when travelling with up to four children; offering a third off for adults and up to 81% for kids; this offer entitles the adults to an extra 16.7% off when booked online.
Available to purchase from Monday 3 April to Sunday 30 April for travel from Tuesday 4 April to Friday 21 July, tickets can be purchased from www.gwr.com/family. Please note the offer is not available from ticket offices or ticket vending machines.
GWR Managing Director Mark Hopwood said:
“The Easter holidays are a great time to take advantage of a day out and all the many attractions our network has to offer.“While we already have many great value fares, this offer will really help families be able to take the train, allowing them to visit some of the great places GWR serves.”
When and where can the ticket be used:
- A qualifying accompanying adult is any customer accompanying the railcard holder, within the limits of the number of accompanying adults for that railcard; all accompanying adults must hold the same ticket type for the same journey as the railcard holder and must travel with the railcard holder
- The additional 17% discounts are only applicable to holders (and accompanying adults) of a valid Family & Friends Railcard, HM Forces Railcard and Disabled Persons Railcard
- Online offer, available to purchase via www.GWR.com/family only. Visit GWR.com for full terms and conditions and details on how to redeem the offer
- The terms and conditions stated for the Family & Friends, HM Forces and Disabled Persons Railcards are applicable to this promotion and can be viewed at http://www.railcard.co.uk. GWR Advance fare terms and conditions also apply
- The normal up to 81% child discount remains unchanged with this offer
Notes to editors
Great Western Railway (GWR) provides high speed, commuter, regional and branch line train services. We help over 100 million passengers reach their destinations every year - across South Wales, the West Country, the Cotswolds, and large parts of Southern England.
We’re currently seeing the biggest investment in the network since Brunel so we can offer more trains, more seats, and shorter, more frequent journeys and continue the network’s heritage of helping connect more businesses to new and prosperous markets. Through a series of initiatives we aim to be a good neighbour to the communities we serve and are committed to making a positive social impact in those regions. Learn how we're Building a Greater West at GWR.com. GWR is a FirstGroup company.
Media Relations Manager
Great Western Railway
0845 410 4444
07703 890 711